Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '' was given in /home/freetips/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298
Where to from here, Grover? « Free Tips DOT COZA

Where to from here, Grover?

1 comment

Posted on 5th November 2008 by Tony in Thoughts

, , ,

When I first started this blog (and then later wiped the data by mistake) I started with the intention of having a site where people could find tips about marketing online. Of course, Internet Marketing is now the “in thing” and all of a sardine there are just so many experts out there.

Every week I hear of new Internet Marketers launching new seminars on how to make money online, and I wonder how many of them have ACTUALLY been successful at it? And I don’t mean earning $100/month off Adsense. Bleh. I mean really making meaningful income.

You see, I earn about R1million/year on Internet Marketing (about $100 000 for all our Yankee readers) and the thing is I don’t even try … I just do it because I love what I do … until about 3 months ago. That’s when I stopped listening to myself and started listening to a whole bunch of people who were smarter than me.

My income plummeted.

I ended up in a little coffee shop having breakfast with a friend and he looked me square in the eyes and told me I was an idiot. Well, what he actually said cannot be put down on a blog! He made me realise that my passion is what makes life worth living. Go back to the way you did things before, he said. Makes sense, right?

I started reading a book on Internet Marketing (it’s nice to keep tabs on the competition) and something the writer said had a profound impact on me: People always fail when they try too many things at once.

It seems that if you want to be successful at making money online you need to choose for yourself a Mentor that has already made it, and then follow in his footsteps. I can concur with that. Of the 600-odd people that have attended my seminars, only 4% are successful – because the other 96% just came to hear what I had to say and mixed that in with the mush of information they’ve learnt from everyone else.

Then you have the mentors that make money because they know a lot – they’ve never done it themselves. Some of them are so broke (and then they end up blaming the economy or George Bush) that if they didn’t have expensive Mentorship Programs they wouldn’t be able to afford the bread-and-butter on the table.

One of my life-passions is to find, and help, 100 people become millionaires. To this end we’re launching the first Millionaire Dinner in Cape Town in two weeks time. I’m also running my seminar in Cape Town and Johannesburg at the end of November. Plainly put – if you’d like to be one of those millionaires, then please speak to me.

As for me and this blog – I’m not sure what 2009 will bring. I’m excited about the prospect of a new life in 2009. I’m excited about helping people achieve their goals.

Embark on this journey with me!

Tony

PS – for more information about the seminars, visit www.marketingworkshop.co.za


1 Comments
  1. Juana says:

    I love what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of
    clever work and coverage! Keep up the great works guys I’ve included you guys to our
    blogroll.

    5th November 2008 at 9:28 pm

Leave a comment