Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, '' was given in /home/freetips/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298
The Magic of 5% « Free Tips DOT COZA

The Magic of 5%

4 comments

Posted on 26th October 2009 by Tony in Business Advice

,

I wwealthy_sm2as talking this afternoon to my friend and mentor, Bettina Horvath, about her marketing campaign. It yielded interesting results and certainly points to why some people stay poor no matter what.

Last week I ran a double campaign. The first campaign was for a competition I am running where anyone can win a trip for two to the Portuguese Islands. This campaign received a 0.54% clickthrough. (I usually push for 3%, but that’s besides the point). This translated into over 3500 people showing interest in the competition.

The other campaign was an invitation to attend a free lecture on increasing cashflow. This campaign received almost no response – actually only 15 views. It was perplexing!

In my discussion with Bettina on the results, she exclaimed “But that’s obvious! 95% of people don’t want to do anything! A holiday for two is simply a few clicks – but increasing cashflow … that requires work! And there’s a reason why only 5% of the world’s population are wealthy.”

*gulp*

I decided it was time to ponder this 5% thing. I let my mind drift through all the reading and studies I’ve done over the last few years about the wealthy. I started creating a list:

  • 5% of the world’s population have wealth. The rest do not. In fact, 95% of the world’s population will live on welfare when it’s time to retire.
  • Only 5% of businesses in the world are successful (still survive after 5 years).
  • In a study completed by Yale University in 1975, only 5% of students set goals for themselves. After 20 years, they were the only group who did not need some sort of financial aid.
  • Dolf de Roos found that only 5% of his students actually put his teachings into practise.

OK, it’s not a very long list – but it made me realise that I want to make sure I’m part of that 5%.

Do you?


4 Comments
  1. Johann du Plessis says:

    I’ve had first-hand experience with this phenomenon. People want to be successful, but even if you tell them exactly what they need to do, they won’t do it if it involves more than a certain amount of work. It’s really not that difficult to be successful – set realistic goals for yourself, and then work in small steps towards those goals.

    26th October 2009 at 3:28 pm

  2. Tony says:

    Hi Johann

    Thanks for the feedback. You’re absolutely correct. I have become so frustrated by people who end up calling me a liar because they do not achieve success in setting up an online business, and yet they’re not really prepared to do anything!

    26th October 2009 at 5:13 pm

  3. Phara says:

    Tony my good man, I just pray that you dont think I’m stalking you. I also dont understand the meaning of perseverance or tenacity. But I have believe that I’m going to make a success by working ‘indirectly’ for you. You have this product that you revealed on the succeed magazine on the Need Cash website. You said you sell interested people to banks. I want to do the same thing, but:

    1. I’m deaf – not totally deaf but it take effort and a lot of energy to hear others. This handicapp deters me from approching banks or any financial services where I can sell the names of people who are interested in obtaining cash.

    2. As you can see, I can not even begin to get anyone verbally interested.

    3. I’m dealing with a lot of people who need to obtain finance after clearing the negative listing on the credit bureaus. Therefore my site is frequented by these people.

    4. I have already created a page for this product by is presently hidden http://www.consumerprotect.co.za/34301.html

    5. I propose that you arrange a system where I can refer interested people to you and you pay me whatever you think is appropriate per name.

    6. I only lauched my first site in January but the stats are growing exponetially – and that without much effort. As soon as you agree to ’employ’ my site, I can implement a campaign that is out of this world.

    Pls try me.

    Thank You.
    Will appreciate any advice on the site and anything else. I’m studying the SEO hard and beginning to get there.

    26th October 2009 at 11:23 pm

  4. Muhammad says:

    I need to to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely
    enjoyed every bit of it. I’ve got you book-marked to check out new stuff
    you post…

    26th October 2009 at 9:53 pm

Leave a comment